View Single Post
      02-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #35
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

DAMN!!!! Some crazy stories dropped in here. I honestly just don't have time to reply to the posts that I would like to but....wow!

A couple from me:

A friend of the family and his wife are having dinner in a swanky restaurant for their wedding anniversary. Unsure of what year anniversary it was but they were in their 50's and had been together since high school. The husband goes to the restroom after ordering drinks and appetizers. While in the mens room he said that the building shook like a bomb exploded and he could suddenly hear people screaming. There had been an accident at the intersection in front of the restaurant which culminated in the vehicle that had ran a red light and was struck by another vehicle entering the restaurant......and coming to rest on top of wife still sitting in her chair. She was killed instantly.

At 17 years old, my father was hit head on by a drunk driver. My father and his high school girlfriend were on his motorcycle when the other motorist tried to shorten out a curve by swerving on the other side of the road. The girl on the back of the motorcylce was catapulted over the car. My fathers entire right leg and hip were shattered. The first on the scene of the accident was another motorist on his way home, strangely enough this man came to be my guidance counselor in high school. He stated that when he arrived on the scene that my father was unconscious and his girlfriend was screaming her head off complaining about how badly her left foot hurt.....her foot was gone. When the ambulance arrived to get them, the intoxicated driver that struck them was trying to start his car so he could leave still unaware that he had even been in accident. The gentleman that was my guidance counselor stayed at the scene of the accident to look for the foot as the ambulance rushed both of them to the hospital. He found the foot 10' up in a tree, was able to climb the tree to get it and drove it to the hospital. They reattached her foot with success although to this day she still walks with a cane. Her and my father still had a great relationship after the accident but were no longer romantically involved. A few years later they ended up working at the same place and worked together for the next 30 years.

My youngest son at 4 years old and a few of his cousins were building a fort in the back yard of their great grandparent house. After they were finished with the construction of said fort they wanted to show off what they had completed. My son, being the gentleman that he is, was trying to help his great grandmother around a pile of broken bricks when she slipped, fell and due to holding hands with my son, she dragged him to the ground with her. His wrist made contact with the edge of broken brick and due to her weight dragging him down ripped his entire forearm open. I have a picture of it pre-stitches in the ER I'll post after I dig it up. He screamed for a minute and then when the poor little guy saw it, he instantly went into shock and was terrifyingly calm about the entire situation. He is 18 now and his scar from that is still unsettling to see.

I have a few more accidents involving myself that I'll post later.
Appreciate 1
zx10guy5149.50