View Single Post
      04-08-2016, 07:25 PM   #28
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

So, I will preface this by saying that I am a Tesla fan. I have driven the Model S several times including a 24 hour test drive that turned out to be a little longer...and almost 250 miles.

I like the looks of the Model 3. However, the no grille front is odd. The model S is more successful with the faux grille.

The horizontal touchpad...well, I'm not sure. The vertical pad is great. Anyone who says it's an ergonomic nightmare simply hasn't spent time driving one. After 5 minutes even my wife had mastered using it while driving. But the vertical orientation means nothing is far away from reach. Worry about that with the horizontal.

Hate the lack of dash display. Never seen this work on any car (center speedo). Plus, placing it in the corner of a screen means distractions galore. Dumb.

Worry about the size, but reserve judgement until I sit on it. The Model S is tighter than a 5 series, I hope that the 3 isn't smaller than a BMW 3. Again, will wait to see in person.

Last but not lease, right now it's still vapor ware. With deliveries not even scheduled to start for 18 months, specs and trims not set, well, Elon can wait to get my money until I drive one. And drive one I will. I really debated getting a Model S but at $100k for even a nicely equipped 70D, the car just doesn't feel,like that price point. And I'm not rich enough to overpay without caring.

I really hope this car materializes. The Model S is an amazing car and makes other cars look like dinosaurs. The Autopilot is absolutely spectacular. The car drives amazingly well.

We shall see
Appreciate 0