11-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #69
JasH
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: McLaren & Ferrari & i8 & i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Sta07 View Post
How's the 720S treating you? i8 still feeling special? Obviously different worlds in terms of performance. 720S gets to 275 kph in same time it takes i8 to get to 200 kph! But i8 still puts a smile on my face despite my other cars, curious to know your thoughts!
Yes, the i8 still feels special. I took it to the PI event in Eindhoven, Netherlands last weekend in fact. We had a convoy of 6 i8 cars from England

The prior weekend, I attended a McLaren event at the Lotus factory and test track, driving Lotus cars on their track. As we were using Lotuses, I took my i8. It got a lot attention amongst the McLarens, and most had not seen an i8 up close.

I had a blast in the 720S this morning though, and EVERY single fast bike I came across wanted to play i8 does not suffer from this.

I did succumb once, and of course left the bike behind easily, but backed off after a few seconds for the sake of my licence. It is stupidly crazily fast - far too much so for the road.

For any long journey, or in traffic, I pick the i8. Where I know I will get good twisty/fast roads, I choose the 720S.

I love both these cars
Appreciate 2
Jo-Sta07474.00
Nachbar8024.00