01-17-2019, 02:17 PM   #8
stevenvillatoro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 M240i, Estoril Blue

Garage List
2018 BMW M240i  [0.00]
In addition to previous comments, a day trip to Disneyland (90 mi.), Balboa Park (some museums free on Tuesdays) and/or zoo, Coronado island (via bridge), Temecula wineries (60 mi.), sailing, surfing, beaches, easy and scenic hiking in Torrey Pines preserve. The view of SD from the top of Mt. Soledad (La Jolla) is spectacular on a clear day. Snorkeling at the La Jolla caves (via the Cove). Windansea beach (locals), Coronado beach, or La Jolla Shores/Blacks beach. A scenic mountainous drive to Julian and/or Mt. Palomar (60 mi). Old Town. A very picturesque (day/night) around Seaport Village if you're near downtown or the Midway (mentioned in prior post); ferry available to Coronado here, if you don't drive the bridge (ferry takes just minutes). It'll be whale watching season; it's fun to take a quick boat outing (from the Embarcadero) to see them close up. Would forego any day trip to Mexico (typically a hellish border wait to return). If you golf Torrey Pines, the North course is better (and locals get reduced green fees). Oh, and I'd pass on Sea World – an overrated money pit. But, if you have young kids and don't want to go to Disneyland, Legoland can be fun for them, I've heard.

'19 MX-5 Miata GT-S soft top
Past BMWs: two '57 Isetta 300s, '70 1600, '72 Bavaria, '78 320i, '18 M240i
Appreciate 1