Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Added to the first post of this thread:

A tragic situation like this reminds us of our mortality and of the wise advice to celebrate life as much as we can. Or as that 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' quote from 1986 goes: "I said it before and I'll say it again: life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." And Dackelone definitely stopped and look around once in a while: in his pastime, his senses have witnessed many nice places and enjoyed numerous fine experiences with lots of people worldwide.

His untimely death could be considered as if a big automotive library featuring an impressive BMW and car museum section of the Bimmerpost community - with free public access and an excellent librarian (very generous, helpful, humble, kind and knowledgeable) - has perished in a totally unexpected fire accident. "Dackel's Welt" and its renowned librarian are no more. As if it were a confirmation of the old saying that the candle that burns twice as bright, burns half as long.

Fortunately, he liked to share his automotive passion with others: he left us countless memories and a versatile 'back catalogue' featuring thousands of comments and pictures. The Bimmerpost legacy of this genuine 'Gutmensch' and quintessential BMW enthusiast will live on in the many petrolhead spirits he touched and will continue to touch.

Dackelone made numerous trips, either in a group or alone, often reported over here at Bimmerpost and on his YouTube and Instagram channels: trips to BMW Welt (see for example here, here, here, here, here and here), BMW Individual Niederlassung (see here), the BMW Leipzig factory (see here), Alpina and RUF automobiles facilities (see here), Manhart Racing (see here), Kleißler Klassik Cars (see here), car museums (see here - "I think I have literally been to every major auto museum in Germany": BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Ferrari), car exhibitions (see for example here, here, here, here, here and here), suggestions for European Delivery tours (see for example here), etc.

As organizer + participant: links to many pictures of a couple of his bigger group trips in the Alps and Dolomites:
  • 2012 - Stelvio 1.0: here (2011 scouting) and here (2012 trip);
  • 2013 - Stelvio 2.0: here and here;
  • 2014 - Sella 1.0: here (Spring scouting), here (trip) and here (trip);
  • 2015 - Sella 2.0: here and here;
  • 2016 - Sella 3.0: here and here;
  • 2017 - 2018 - 2019: Summer trips happened but no dedicated threads were conceived.
As participant (not as organizer):
  • 2011 - BMW Welt 2.0: here;
  • 2012 - BMW Welt 3.0: here;
  • 2013 - BMW Welt 4.0: here;
  • 2014 - BMW Welt 5.0: here.
His automotive "coat of arms": a stamp which he happened to use as a practical joke on letters accompanying gifts, featuring a fictitious German traveling agency referencing his "Dackelone" moniker:
Attachment 2365356

Stelvio Pass sign featuring a 1Addicts.com sticker (Italy - 2012):
Attachment 2365459
thank you for posting all of that. is there any way this forum can save all the images in the threads incase the host (i think photobucket) decides to blur the images behind a payroll? it would be great to preserve his work.
A super great idea ‼️