View Single Post
      07-28-2015, 11:27 PM   #89
YWGT3
iDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: i8, Porsche Taycan T, MB EQE

Finally drove a Tesla S P85D today. Happened to belong to a school board member that wanted a ride in my i8. The four door saloon is incredibly fast and will smoke a lot of high performance sports cars off the line, including the Porsche 911T and 458 Italia that I just drove. Although I haven't driven the Porsche Turbo S, I think that the Tesla could even give it a run for its money based on a short 0-60 sprint. When it came to handling, there was much to be desired. With its less than attractive interior and extra large interactive screen, the Tesla seemed to be more generic and more tech oriented than for the spirited driving enthusiast.

While there is much to be admired about Elon Musk and Tesla, I fear that the future e vehicles produced by its competitors such as: Porsche, BMW, Audi and Mercedes will eventually eclipse the progress they're attempting to make. If Musk is serious about sustaining Tesla in the automotive world, he should pay more attention towards designing a vehicle that would appeal to driving enthusiasts, who are not only interested in speed but who are also interested in: performance handling, appealing interior/exterior design,and higher quality build/materials.

Getting back to today's Tesla drive, I'm still not feeling it for the Tesla sedan. On the other hand, the Tesla owner, who graciously allowed me to drive his vehicle, is now looking into an i8 as an additional vehicle.

Last edited by YWGT3; 07-29-2015 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 6