View Single Post
      02-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #585
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I carry....and I would let the LEO know regardless. South Carolina is a pretty liberal state when it comes to guns. But my brother said he is always informed when he comes across us.

Our Sherrif actually made national news a couple years back because of a statement he made.

He said he encouraged all law abiding residents to carry for their protection because sometimes they may not be able to respond quick enough to an emergency as it's a big rural county.

I thought I had a lot of guns, but at my in-laws in the NC mountains, there isn't a room in the house that doesn't have a firearm available although I'm talking specifically about shotguns and rifles. The handguns are kept put up.

I keep only one handgun and a tactical shotgun available inside my house....everything else is locked up in the safe. But we don't have small kids in the house, and no grandchildren yet for awhile.
I'm here to tell you that no matter where you live, a big city, small town or out in the boonies, help maybe a long time coming. I worked the 4th largest city in North America, and if you call 911 you might get really lucky and have the cops at your door in a few minutes, often though it will be longer. And just imagine the best case scenario and the cops manage to get there in less than 3 or 4 minutes, just think about how long that is if shit is happening.

I love the police, and have a great deal of respect for the job they/we do along with the high quality training and equipment. But I know that I rely on myself to protect my home and family and not the police.
Appreciate 5
Rmtt8211.00
Sedan_Clan25059.50
vreihen1615242.50
paquet629.50