View Single Post
      04-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #2703
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
When it comes to i7 M60 version, I don't think BMW will have issues with power and overall performance. But I just wonder if in 2 years time they will have proper battery and drivetrain technology to start fight against Tesla. For me, Tesla currently is out of the equation (build quality, material quality, lets not even start the design discussion...) but I believe their technical stack impresses everyone, not just only me. Since Tesla has their product on the road, being beta tested by all those drivers in need of EV fun, BMW seems to be a far, far away, most likely in another galaxy. I wish they could catch up, but from my point of view (their current EV lineup) it does not look promising.
BMW's previous CEO lost his job precisely because he wasted years and didn't push electrification hard enough to stay competitive not just with Tesla but even with the other legacy Germans. Now BMW has to play catch up. We'll see how well they can do it next year, when G26 is out.

BTW, take a look at Munro's teardown of a Model Y: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5a5Rp1LlET4Wbr. It's not a beta product anymore.
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00