View Single Post
      09-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #25
phelot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffysheep View Post
La Ferrari, P1 and 918 are not 2+2, so I'm not entirely sure if they are exactly comparable other than the i8's really cool styling and hybrid system. But let's assume that they are comparable. For people who can afford those cars, just like you mentioned i8 would be like a mini P1, which is why I think i8 would be a perfect wife or girl car.

As mentioned earlier, argument like this can go on forever. Only the time will tell if i8's price tag hits the sweet spot for the target customers. It would be very interesting to see what happens. Personally, I don't like over paying for a car that looks good but lacking performance but I wouldn't mind getting i8 for my wife.
Right for me, it's a very intriguing car. If the market dictates that this price is too high, then dealers will start discounting them.

To me it seems like a very sensible daily "exotic" car. Most of the performance of things like the 911 Turbo, R8 V10 and even the M5 cannot be fully realized at the street level. You're way past any legal limits by the time you "push" the car.

So for a car as a daily driver with exotic looks, this is up there. You get great gas mileage as well as having something exclusive.

In the end, it's not always about bargain performance which is why we aren't all driving around in a GTR. People value certain things differently and this is for people who value the rare combination of exotic and efficiency.

Overpriced, maybe, but to whom? Some people will pay for just exclusivity alone.

Anyways for me personally the price is pretty close to what it needs to be depending on which perspective you're coming from.

E9X M3 performance with exotic looks and better than Prius efficiency?

I'm not sure of any other car that can do that right now. And to some people, that's worth the premium.
Appreciate 0