Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Devotion View Post
What VER fans seem to forget is that HAM+MER developed that car together to what it is now. "Giving" the MER car to VER is BS if you ask me, if you really like to compare, you should "give the MER team" to VER and develop a car and race it. Which is BS too when I think about it.

For a fair comparison about who has the extraordinary skills, you should both test them in a RB, having to drive around the many issues that car has. And to do it totally fair, you should give HAM and VER 10 race events to further develop the car, independently. Let's see who shows to be part of the fastest package after those 10 races + development.

Being a VER fan, I would not put all my money on VER to be honest ;-) Driver input required for the development of a car takes a large part of the ingredients for winning races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Driver input required for the development of a car takes a large part of the ingredients for winning races.
https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/02...ne-since-2007/[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
Not totally convinced about that. Sure a driver has to be able to understand how the car drives and what areas need to be improved to suit that drivers style.
And it is certainly possible to account for a drivers preference for a car that is pointy, evenly balanced or a touch understeery.
But the vast majority of a cars development is obviously in the engine and aero.
A driver will have essentially zero input into the engine design or the cars aero philosophy.
I think the mark of a truly great driver is the ability to get into any car and drive it at its limit right from the very first races.
You could see that in Senna and Hamilton.
Driver input is essential in developing the car and it is no wonder that the Mercedes is much improved in the area of rear tire management since Lewis joined the team and immediately after McLaren fell into woe. I will paraphrase a quote about Lewis Hamilton relative to testing: "When we get the car back from Lewis in testing, we know that every bit of performance has been extracted from the car. I can't say that for any other driver."

Another quote from a driver who shared the same car, Jenson Button: "If Lewis ever learns how to use his engineers, we may as well not show up to race (against him)."

Lewis makes the difference no matter the chassis and despite all of the hatred and outright lies, he will definitely go down as the greatest F1 driver, both statistically and subjectively.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50