11-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #228
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
A fair challenge is...drive the same car...and see who is fastest.
Merc have offered Verstappen a chance to drive a Mercedes.
Red Bull should match the offer and bring their car to a shootout.
Both drivers drive both cars and see who comes out ahead.
Anyone with half a brain knows its never going to happen but it would be fun to see.

Max just driving a Merc and Hamilton just driving a RB makes zero sense as there is no benchmark time to compare.

For reference the actual transcript of the press conference:

"Q: ... the Red Bull is faster in race pace than in qualifying pace and much closer to the Mercedes cars. Do you think, after the changes in the regulations that we’ve had a few weeks ago, that it’s still the same and you’re closer in race pace than in qualifying pace?

MV: I guess we’ll only find out if we swap cars once, both drivers, and then we can compare but I don’t know. I don’t think a lot has changed to be honest before the rule change and now, so no, that’s just a bit of a guess but I think you can clearly see that it hasn’t brought us a lot closer or further away. Before the rule change…

LH: What do we need to swap for?

MV: We swap cars. You go into mine, I go into yours then we know the comparison.

LH: Of what?

MV: Of the difference between the cars if they actually have become faster in the race compared to qualifying. I don’t know. Maybe we can do like a private test day or something."

So not even a challenge but a way to clear up if the cars become faster in race pace than qualifying pace after the rule change.

Anyway keep at it...I'm sure this particular dead horse can still take plenty more flogging.
Negative mate .They should "NOT" drive the same car ! No way mate !
This would hide how much the Merc is faster than de RB16 ...

You shouldn't throw sand in our eyes . We are not idiots !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58910.50