View Single Post
      01-02-2021, 09:03 AM   #268
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Folks, there is nothing wrong with eating bread. It's been around for thousands of years.

Calories in must = calories out for weight to be maintained.

Calories in must < calories out for weight be be reduced. It is no more complex than that.

It's possible to eat bread and ice cream exclusively. If calories in are less than calories out when eating bread and ice cream, you will lose weight. But feel crummy.

Don't fall into the modern culture trap of over exercising to increase calories out. It's a trap, don't do it.

I strive to eat all food groups at each meal. This happens often.

All food groups as I define them:
- protein: meat, fish, dairy, eggs
- grains: including bread, pasta and pizza
- fruit and vegetables

Unless prescribed by a doctor, do not do "-free" anything, to wit: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, meat free, etc. These are abnormal and sensationalized ways of eating. They get likes and views on social media and generate revenue in the form of "programs" and "subscriptions" and "products".

Anything that has been in the human diet for thousands of years is good to eat today.
Do you think some breads are unhealthy ? Sugar type/content, processed fats/oils acting as preservatives and the extent the grains are chemical cleaned and mechanically ground.

Who is to say hominids millenniums past were at all healthier due to diet ? They probably conceived at early onset of puberty and we could easily match their ability to survive generations regardless of dietary habits.

One thing about dieting that is positive. In the non to distant past due to lack of preserving food many societies are very seasonal. So a month or two w/o dairy or w/o grains or fruit was natural and through evolution may be the prime way mammals create strength and strong blood lines.

It’s interesting to imagine all the different types of diets (not dieting) may increase our performance.
Appreciate 1
chassis6490.00