View Single Post
      06-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
acechardukian
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M4

I did a 100 mile day in the Alps a couple weeks ago as I was in Monaco for the F1 race and went to Italy after to see the Giro. Flew my bike out and it was my first day riding in mountains as I live in TX where it is very flat. I did about 8400 feet of ascending that day and it kicked my ass. My average heart rate for the day (approximately 7 hours of riding was 168 (I'm 27). I've only done one other 100 mile day before and I did it in about 5.5 hours including a stop for a coffee and some calories.
I ride a wilier cento 1 with shimano dura ace components, pioneer power crank, and Zipp 303's on. Typically for longer rides I wear Capo bibs and a capo jersey as I've found the bibs to be the most comfortable. I bought some assos bibs that are designed for longer rides and paid $400 for them but they caused a little too much chaffing for my liking so I wear them for shorter rides. They have a thicker chamois in them (7mm compared to 5mm in the Capos). Feel free to PM me if you have any questions cause I don't check this area of the forums very often.
Appreciate 0