View Single Post
      06-10-2015, 10:47 AM   #18
Incompatible
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

As stated in several ways you need to be comfortable on the bike and that comes from two things: 1. Time in the saddle and 2. A good fit. One influences the other, as you ride more you learn what works best for YOU. Some very good details to consider have been posted, however, you need to ride as much as you can between now and then so you can sort things out.

100 miles is a long ride and you will be sore and tired, but it can be done at your level of ability. Ride nutrition and how you pace yourself is very important. Start practicing these now, you want an energy source that is easy to consume and digest without upsetting your stomach. Regardless of what you use, you also need to balance fluid intake. For me, I mix my electrolytes/energy mix in my water bottles and take a drink every 10 minutes of ride time. (I like to hit the "5" marks: 5, 15, 25....). I find that this helps me maintain sufficient hydration and minimizes cramps. For off bike breaks, I prefer shorter times so that my legs don't cool down and go stiff.

Get out and ride, you can do it!