View Single Post
      08-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #76
shujaat
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive MSport , BMW I8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddyMac View Post
I decided to purchase a set of OEM turbine wheels and mount Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 all seasons on them for my 2015 i8. Front 245/40R20, rear 275/35R20. I bought a set of used OEM turbine wheels for these Continental tires, so I still have another set of stock rims on the W style rims. I daily drive the car and wanted to have more confidence in all weather conditions. I've already taken it on a 750 mile road trip through occasional thunderstorms and loved them. I have no issues with fit and even put chalk on the front control arms to detect if there was any rubbing, and there was not. I measured the actual sidewall width difference and it was only 5/8" wider than stock tires.

I'm running 33-35psi for decreased road noise but will feel the bumps more than before, in comfort mode. The only issue I found is: Everything was great for a few weeks, however, I'm now noticing flat spotting if I let it sit a day in my concrete floor garage. In the first 5 miles of driving I'm getting noticeable vibration in the rear tires (not steering wheel shake). However, my original OEM Potenza S001's would sometimes do this as well if I let the car sit for a day or two. Maybe it's normal? If I don't let the car sit for a day, this never occurs. EDIT TO ADD: This appears to be flat spotting and only occurs when the car sits for 2 days without driving.

The best thing I notice is that I can feel the road more with these tires than the OEM ones. The car no longer pushes in turns, and in fact, if I increase/decrease throttle in the turns, I can adjust how sharp the car turns if I keep the steering wheel in the same position. Very interesting!

Any change you know if the W wheels the same size and can take the same tires in the same size? Also in MD with the W wheels on my I8 and would want to run DWS06s like I had on my 4 series before so I can daily this thing. Any issues since posting this with running those tires?
Appreciate 0