08-30-2008, 12:39 AM   #65
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suareezay View Post
Paul Chek is lunatic nutjob. You could get the same advice from residents at a mental institution. Quoting him in a discussion is worse than an ad hominem.

There is also a difference between living a healthy lifestyle and using supplements - which is what I am talking about -, and living like an average 'Merican and subsisting off McDonalds and Oreos - which what you apparently believe me to be talking about.
Chek is well-educated man with speaking engagements all over the world regarding health, wellness, holistic healing, and fitness training. The book and articles he has written are exceptional. Chek has his own multi-level certification. Not many individuals can say that. Chek is right on about a lot of things. Spiritually he can be out there at times, but you cannot deny he is in incredible shape for his age and he can physically out duel people 20+ years his junior.

Whether a healthy person is taking them or not, supplements are processed, piecemeal garbage a lot of the time. Their health benefits need to be called into question. Evolutionarily speaking, they are new substances for the body. We are used to substances that the supplements try to mimic being in their natural state, not as powders or suspended in liquid. When it comes down to it, eating a chicken breast (organic, free range of course) is superior to drinking a whey protein shake in my opinion.
Appreciate 0