View Single Post
      04-01-2023, 11:24 PM   #3
Budget M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange fever View Post
My 2cents/// if you change the 6x9 it will not make it difference since you have to change the amp to make it sound better.
This is what I came across my search and what I did:

Check out my thread :
https://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/s....php?t=1903524

Hope that helps
I came across that thread in my search about your solution in the passenger footwell. It’s just not the solution for me.

I realize that without more power, I will not get a true hi fidelity result. However, a more efficient speaker with the right impedance will also sound better than the HK 6x9 solution.

The “HK” system in our i8’s s the same setup as the i3 and other low end BMW’s with HK—it’s barely better than the factory “HiFi” system. Unlike the “HK surround”, B&W and other better systems in the 5’ s and 7’s, the base HK is really not all that great.

The only real solution is to add an amp AND a real subwoofer like you did, but I don’t want to lose the space that would take up, nor do I want to tap into the factory wiring to get signal. Just looking for some sort of middle ground that is plug and play (similar to the BavSound Ghost subwoofer for the 3-series cars).
'85 M635CSi Alpine w/buffalo; '03 M3 Conv, Imola
‘85 323i Baur; ‘02 X5 4.6is Estoril; ‘95 Racing Dynamics K30.4
Appreciate 0