View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 11:59 AM   #44
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Speak for yourself, geezer. Not only can I count change (never had that job) but I can connect water supply lines, paint walls, AND program all the clocks in the house to be the same time.

This past weekend i was passenger in my niece's car (because they came to house, not because I needed a driver) and I noticed the TPMS warning was STILL on on the dash. While wife/niece ran in to get coupons from CVS, I broke out the pristine owner's manual, found the link of page 478, and fixed it for them using the computer interface.
Wait, arent you supposed to just cover up those annoying dash lights with a sticker?

It's not that I'm technologically inept, I just dont find enjoyment in dealing with it. I can fiddle with something mechanical or electrical for days but my tolerance for mindless sifting through on screen menus and settings is virtually zero. I'm totally behind the times because the "old" ways still work fine for me. I watch people fumble with tier phones and try to make Apple Pay work; I just slap down a $20 and go.

I thought it was funny a few weeks ago when I had some garage time to tinker with my bikes. I added some Hp to both the Guzzi and the boardtracker by increasing fueling. Same result, accomplished in two totally different ways. I got no pleasure from the process of upping Hp on the Guzzi by loading a new fuel map. Yanking the carb off the boardtracker, spilling fuel all over the shop, ripping it apart on the bench, cursing as I lost a tiny jet on the floor, stripping a bolt and having to drill it out and chase the threads... Now THAT'S a great Saturday.

Appreciate 1
2000cs3450.00