View Single Post
      01-07-2019, 06:17 PM   #43
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

I had a LG fridge with an ice maker that routinely failed within 2 years (got it repaired about 3 times (roughly at years 2,4 and 6) before I gave the fridge to my parents, who still use it today - it's well over a decade old now - and continues to work perfectly as a fridge and water dispenser).

I've got a Samsung fridge that came with this house with an ice maker that hasn't given me a problem at all. I've had it for 2 years, and I expect the fridge is more than 5 years old now.

YMMV.

I will say this though; I work in IT and I went around to set up one of my mate's new Samsung fridge that has the tablet built into the front.

DON'T GO NEAR IT.

The tablet is an absolute piece of shit. They've loaded a cut-down version of android onto it so you can't install your own apps, you can't add google or office 365 accounts - it's a slave to the "Samsung Home Hub" ecosystem - and it's a pain in the arse to get basic functionality working with an iPhone.

All that aside - imagine how outdated the tablet is going to be in 10 years time when the rest of the fridge is still going strong.

If you're considering one with an inbuilt tablet, I recommend you buy the stainless steel fridge (or one of those cool "knock to view" ones) and buy a separate Samsung Android Tablet and stick the tablet to the fridge door.
Appreciate 2