03-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #17
wpTXX5
Rep
Drives: XDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpTXX5 View Post
Actually not in this case. If a government inspection entity such as a building department issued multiple deficiency reports and/or red tags relating to work not meeting code it is pretty easy to prove in a court of law. Of course most construction related claims never go to court but often end in arbitration or mediation depending on what method the contract assigns as first resolution. Trust me I do this every day....
I trust you. I'm just wondering what evidence OP has. I would be shocked if there wasnt an arb agreement btw.
Yeah you would have to have clear proof such as red tags or reports from city inspectors etc. If the evidence was clear I would make a claim for loss of use and also for a new refrigerator. But it sounds like the OP is ok with the offer he received.

I do want to caveat all the above by saying the OP probably signed a pretty one sided agreement favoring the contractor. Fine print kills claims! Never be in too much of a hurry, too excited or anxious etc. to read every sentence of a contract that could have large financial ramifications. And if you don't understand a portion of an agreement/contract consult an attorney or at the very least google it to better understand what you could potentially agree to. And if you don't feel comfortable weigh the risk, negotiate and if all else fails walk away.

I don't know how many times I have seen or heard about people signing a contract for their "big purchase" in an excited state of mind and they just want to close the deal so they skip to the signature block and sign...wow
Appreciate 0