10-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #84
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Australia does a good job: "it's geographical, and nothing to do with how you dealt with it"

California does a bad job: "it has nothing to do with geography and everything to do with how you dealt with it"

Maybe... I think with Australia it's more a population density thing than a geographical thing. I mean I think they are in like the top 5 or 10 least densely populated countries. Easy to distance yourself when your closest neighbor is 20 miles away. We see that here where Miami and Dade county are the worst hit and more rural parts of FL barely have anything even though they are not doing squat shit.

However even if it's not CAs fault. It doesn't make it any better. I mean FL is hot as fuck in the summer... if you have issues with heat I'm not gonna sit here and say welllll you know.... it's Floridas geography.... not its fault.... it's still awesome. No. It's hot as fuck all and if you don't like the heat it sucks ass. If you like the heat and jumping in the pool or going to the beach on a hot day it's awesome.

If you like forest fires, high taxes, crazy energy prices with rolling blackouts, water shortages, etc.... CA is awesome sauce!

I like San Diego... if they forced me to move to CA that's where I would go... assuming I could even afford a house there... or my electric bill.
Appreciate 1