View Single Post
      12-16-2020, 09:59 AM   #38
Stoyan Dimitrov
Rep
Drives: e46, i3

I just installed the ASTs on my 2017 i3. Bought them from Tom at european auto source and I am extremely happy with the customer service. I could've saved extra $40 if I chose an alternative vender but his support throughout the process was incredible. Additionally, the photos they have included in forums really tell the story.
The springs + spacers (12mm front & 15mm rear) arrived super fast (west to east coast during covid and holidays) and yesterday I had a chance to install them. The front took me 2 hours 20min and the rear almost 4.5 hours (including two trips to autozone). First of all, I want to say, I don't own a garage, so everything was done in my DC backyard.
I was surprised that the rear had a lot more going on and space was very limited. Additionally, BMW decided to introduce torx bolt on the rear suspension so I had to make two trips to autozone to get the necessary tools.
Overall, I like the look and that's how it should've rolled out from the factory, in my opinion. It's not aggressive at all. I wasn't looking for a slammed i3 for various reasons. I have not tested the handling at a highway speed yet nor cornering, but I am happy to report back if anyone is interested.
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8210.50