View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #8
TimeFor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i3S REx

Garage List
If anyone else wants to build one, here are a few close up photos of the handle bit. A lot of effort was put in making the new J1772 end waterproof. At least where the internal electrical terminations, switch, and resistor are. It helps that original nozzles held gasoline and thus liquid tight. This was probably not needed because the J1772 cord I started with was differently not waterproof. It was water resistant at best, but it was super suspect when I tore into it. Still, I can sleep easier knowing water isn't going to get inside the connector or cord.

Aside from the custom nozzle. A new receiving piece was needed on the pump side to hold the J1772 end in place. I referred to this as my cod piece. There was a lot of trail and error getting this right. Originals were cast iron. I may or may not cast this piece some day. Though keeping the plastic is safer electrically speaking. Without it the nozzle wouldn't stay upright in my pump. It's also needed to keep too much water from getting in the nozzle hole.

Last edited by TimeFor; 06-09-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00