02-15-2016, 01:59 PM   #6
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
sounds like a fun car!

a lot of auto manufactures are stepping up their game and it's becoming difficult to justify the prices some "luxury" brands are attempting to charge. recently someone mentioned a loaded ford explorer putting their X5 to shame in the options category.

it's a good thing though because soon they will have no choice to a) lower their prices or b) make their vehicles even more bad ass. win, win imo.

i've been driving a lot of cars lately and sometimes it's just the label whore in me that keeps me from getting something more affordable with the same or better performance and options.

i do not mean to offend but this seems like a desperate post to find something bad about the above. haha op never mentioned anything about warranty and here comes this "this is why you and what you looked at is dumb." type of post. i love forums for that.
Luxury brands are not attempting to charge higher prices, they are in fact charging higher prices. For those seeking value-based performance then the Camaro will be a good choice. Many are not. You are a self-proclaimed badge whore. As long as there are people who value the attributes that BMW and other "higher end" cars offer, they will continue to sell at a premium. Having a car that is as fast with more features for less money is nothing new. Every year we get a new BMW killer from some manufacturer or another. Luxury car manufacturer do have to stay on their toes and that is definitely good for the car buyer.
Appreciate 3