JamRWS6
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlboroM2C View Post
I drive at the Ultimate driving experience the m50 expecting heavy and hard to control and found the opposite. It was surprisingly nimble and decisive in cornering.
That's the first time I've heard somebody say this. The ICE M440 at UDE last year was already heavy cumbersome as it was. You're saying the EV version, which is considerable heavier, was nimble? Every i4 M50 (and M440) review has also stated this car is competent but no handling champ.

Anyhow, I think this is a solid enough EV effort by BMW. It's much heavier than the Model 3, but I'd venture to bet that nobody buying a Model 3 knows or cares about weight. I hope BMW is able to poach some customers back.
I'd agree the i4 M50 is much better in the UDE course than the M440i as well. Having all of the weight of the battery down low really lowers the center of gravity and makes the M440i feel floaty in comparison. Handling champion is all relative here- really push it and you can certainly feel the weight. At higher speeds it will be harder to hide that weight as well.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9702.50