View Single Post
      01-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #150
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
I just remembered that I didn't post about the funny one that happened to me a few weeks ago.

Around Halloween, I placed an order with a small company for something that was on back-order. They were extremely open in their customer support forum about the product's status and anticipated arrival dates. In mid-December, they announced that the product had left the factory in China and was on its way to an air cargo shipper for delivery to their office before Christmas. I replied back on the thread that my prediction was that us customers would not have the product in our hands before 1/11 - 1/15. Long story short, the shipment arrived at their office on 1/6 as I figured, not before Christmas as they anticipated.

Trying to prove me wrong about my prediction, the shipping person pulled the first box off of the pallet and immediately shipped it to me...USPS red alert...in your hands by 10:00 AM the next day guaranteed...or the Postmaster General convenes a firing squad. The organ-transplant-grade shipping probably cost them twice what I paid for the product!

Well, as this thread has repeatedly shown, the USPS never fails...to disappoint. The package sat in their regional terminal for a few days, then vanished in transit between two terminals over the weekend, and finally arrived at my front door...on 1/12...hand-delivered by a uniformed local post office employee in their own personal car...because it arrived at the local post office after our carrier left to start the day's deliveries.

On the bright side, the company has a refund coming for the ludicrous shipping fee they were charged for delivery. I don't know when the firing squad will be convened. They and I had a good laugh over the whole thing.....