View Single Post
      01-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #155
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
my moms had UC for the past 6+ years and her entire colon is inflamed. Shes been in and out of the hospital a lot. Just got back a couple days ago where she found out that her body was killing her own red blood cells. Basically her colon is toxic and her body is trying to destroy it so her blood makes a lot of killer T cells. The problem with that is now she has autoimmune hemolytic anemia. AKA her killer T cells are destroying her own red blood cells and she had 1/3 the number of normal blood cells. She got a blood transfusion and within a month when shes fully healthy she will get surgery and have her entire colon removed. I feel your pain man. Ive been helping my mom fight UC since i was in the 8th grade. I even stayed back and decided to go to a community college locally so she can have me at home taking care of her. After this most recent visit to the hospital she decided that its been enough and she wants to get the colon removed. I wish you the best of luck with your battle and hopefully one day you will be able to live a normal life!

Good man. The world needs more people like you.