04-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #138
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
I don't need your advice. If you want to eat gmo food go ahead. Like you said it is population control and survival of the fittest still applies.

BTW since you mentioned GMO's and marijuana. Why is it that GMO's are treated as innocent until proven guilty and marijuana is treated as guilty until proven innocent. What I mean is marijuana(cannabis) has been around for thousands or possibly millions of years and has known medicinal uses in traditional medicine, yet it is treated as if it is harmful. GMO's on the other hand have only became popular in the last decade and usually contain high levels of pesticide's yet people don't think twice abut eating them.
Bro. I'm fully aware of what's bad. But you need to name a COMMERCIALLY VIABLE alternative. Don't tell me healthier stuff doesn't cost more. It does, because grocers bank on the fact that health-aware people are usually more affluent. Let's set aside cost. There's also the fact that places that sell organic / non-modified foods are more scarce. If I drive 40 miles roundtrip to get beef, by the time I get home, it's already starting to spoil from SoCal weather (even with AC). That's just throwing money down the drain.

Pragmatism is the name of the game. The only way to beat the status quo is to make the solution convenient enough for everyone.

And to the dude mentioning HFCS. Lol... Just Lol. Not because you're wrong but because you think people aren't aware of that.