View Single Post
      08-30-2018, 10:38 AM   #104
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
No prob, yeah all those pics had me cracking up. Guy was here for like a week blasting everyone about Fitness. I don’t think he had 1 actual car post.

Anyway, I liked your response. Crossfit was due for a shake up and restructure based on a lot of issues. But yes the “Games” have taken over CF. I understand Glassmans shift of focus and global out reach. His original intent was not to create the “Games” that was just a biproduct of this training regime. In essence “testing fitness” in a competitive setting.

I am curious to see how this “Olympic” style of competition pans out, with Global representation from all countries. Combined with a season of competitions for qualifying.

I think they should separate the Sport of CF and CF. Have another entity run CFs professional division (properly with PED testing), and have Glassman run CFs Heath and Fitness Division. Just a thought.
Yeah, it almost sounds like a cross between a setup like having sanctioned weightlifting meets and Nike's Grid League. I can't imagine it's going to be that much cheaper, but without any real details it's hard to speculate.

Using the Open to qualify people for the Games has already shown itself to be an issue with respect to Regionals. You would, essentially, have to audit every qualifier's workout videos. Although you could probably skip through Fraser's and Toomey's.
Appreciate 0