06-24-2021, 09:55 PM   #33361
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This is what I experience mostly, as well.

It happens so often, over the extended period of time I've been driving / riding now that I actually anticipate and expect a driver entering a 3-4 lane highway from the right entrance ramp, aggressively merge at close quarters (higher chance with no signal that actually indicating) across all lanes of traffic to get to the far left, passing or fast lane (whatever terminology you prefer) then as soon as they make it to their comfortable position in traffic... I end up having to pass on the right and notice the otherwise inexperienced, discourteous, oblivious or selfish driver (whatever terminology you prefer) either texting, talking on the phone, putting on makeup, eating, reading or tending to kids in the back seats... but I'm sure only having to worry about vehicles on the right makes them feel comfortable not actually driving.
Bingo! I’m actually an asshole about it and do my best not to let them in front of me since I’ll only have to go around them anyway. But sometimes conditions don’t permit me to do so without being an asshole to someone else so I relent and then go around them.