View Single Post
      10-21-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
Swiss tone
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ionic silver I8

Have I got this right? Driving questions

Had the car only about 4 weeks and still learning but loving it also.

It's actually back at the main dealer for a minor fix but missing it already lol.

I had two cars, a Jaguar XK-R V8 beast (420bhp) as my loud show toy and a 4 series M sport for the daily driver and good mpg.
Different cars but just didn't get to drive the jag much so the i8 was the answer to satisfy both camps.

So far so good and smiles per miles!

Right, need a bit of clarification......

So in sport mode, it throws everything at the power train to give the combined engine and elec assistance giving 4 wheel drive.

We know that after a full charge, it's not a great range (I've got 15 miles max so far) and quickly goes down under normal driving.
So if it's showing zero elec range and I put it in sport, is the power reduced so in effect, little elec motor assistance and mainly combustion engine?

I know when in sport, the batteries are charged but must take a while?

Similarly, I leave it in hybrid to do its own thing but again, when the elec range has run out, is power available reduced?

The handbook just doesn't clarify .

How can full power be available if no battery charge is left? Full power is always available on a conventional set up eh.

After a full charge then driving in hybrid, its at zero by the time I get to work (say 20 miles) so is that normal or should it be maintaining charge??
Appreciate 0