View Single Post
      01-15-2019, 08:51 AM   #2171
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Judy you need to eat dinner man! Nutrition and sleep are the top prioty when attempting to lose weight, I would say actually getting to the gym would be only the third most beneficial thing that you can do. Especially if you're working out so late without any nutrition following, your body will basically go catabolic and when you run out of fuel it'll eat away at your muscles, meaning gains will be slow.

I'll be honest I swear by eating 3 eggs late night,around 9 I try to be heading to bed around 10-10:30 because I'm up at 5, almost every night. I actually will feel better in the morning if I had those eggs compared to not. If you're not into making things that late I would say a scoop of casein protein w/ water would suffice.

Sorry about the girl troubles, getting them motivated is tough. My girl was and is the same way, but once she finds something she truly wants to do she is guns blazing. Issue is finding what that is for individual people.
I appreciate you saying this, but there is so much back and forth with what to do and what not to do regarding fitness. My goals are to lose 55 pounds first, then add some some muscle and definition. I'm 5'10' and weighed 211 pounds as of the first week of November. I wanted to shed the fat first as not to be one of those guys who always looks fat but is solid. I want to be lean not swole. I've talked to several people concerning my goals and how to get there and all the advice has been the same. Eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch, eat clean, eat lean and lots of protein. I have also been told not to eat anything past 5:00. I do have whey protein before the gym and immediately after and I'm seeing results. The last time I was on a scale was about 2 weeks ago and I was at 186 pounds so I've lost 25 pounds in just a little over two months. I also realize that muscle weighs more than fat shich is why I don't weigh often. I don't want to be discouraged by what the scales say so I gauge my progress by using a mirror and how my clothes fit.

I do eat, but I do recognize that I need to be sleeping more. From what I understand by advice from friends and reading, it's a combination of eating better (i.e staying away from fried food, processed sugars, etc.) building lean muscle, cardio, less stress and plenty of sleep. On the weekends, due to my work schedule, I work out early in the morning and always eat some form of carbs and protein within 30 minutes after.

I'm also taking a test booster w/a fat burner and take fiber pills directly after eating every meal.

I'm very open to any advice that anyone has to offer.
Appreciate 0