View Single Post
      05-06-2019, 11:55 AM   #5
Daleyplanit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 I3 REx

Status report:

"Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you the lease assumption is complete and the documents required to register this vehicle has been sent to you via Federal Express. This email confirms that you are authorized to take possession of the vehicle.

We are committed to providing you the highest level of service. If you have any questions, please contact a Customer Service Advocate at 800-578-5000, Monday through Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and Friday, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET."

"What's in the boooox?" Really... What will be in the envelope? NYS DMV website tells me I need:

1) A certified copy of the title certificate, original Manufacturers Statement of Origin (MSO) or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO)

Authorization from the leasing company to register the vehicle in New York, which consists of all these things
a) Letter from the leasing company that gives you permission to register the vehicle in NY State
b) Power of attorney from the leasing company that authorizes you to register the vehicle in NY State
c) The signature of a leasing company officer in box 3 on the Vehicle Registration/Title Application (pdf) (MV-82) or on the Registration Authorization (pdf) (MV-95)

Proof of sales tax payment, sales tax exemption, or purchase price. Is this prorated for the remaining lease payments?