Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
I despise ignorance and the murder of the English (non-queens English) language. Sadly, I live in an extremely small southern town. Some that come to mind are:

Cund-a-sac = Cul de sac
Medium = Median
Irregardless = there is no such word

I also despise the amount of usage the word "literally" gets; especially that it's misused so often by the people that say it in every sentence.
I live in East Tennessee - you would not believe how many educated people I work with that will order "Sall - Men" when we go to a fish restaurant. On occasion, I've mentioned that it's pronounced "Sam-on", but they just stare at me like a deer in headlights.

Sigh.

I also hate irregardless, it isn't a word. I believe they are trying to say irrespective.

Also, Ex-Presso. Um, no. Espresso.

I don't know if it is the same in East Tennessee, but in Middle Tennessee a garden hose is called a "hose pipe", and the word specific is often replaced with "pacific". When I moved here 20 years ago I was a little confused by those and many other incorrectly used words and phrases. Still hear new ones occasionally that leave me scratching my head.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 3
Salty Dog3574.50
Run Silent15127.00
King Rudi13154.00