scLA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
No I get the issue... Fully... This bill is garbage

Yes it's i cater to made in America.

To your point, normally when they pass bills it's not retro active.

So on X date it flips so BMW and others would still have time likely at least one year/tax cycle. As if they just said effective tomorrow it would result in legal actions and conflict with the prior law on the books.

I myself don't think there should be any credits past 200k.

As the infrastructure sucks and the fact there is no standard level of charging that all brands must follow.

jayp98
Not great situation here for many buyers.

Without getting into a policy debate, it does seem a bit odd that someone making a million dollars a year could buy a $100k iX and have the federal government subsidize part of the purchase.

However, it's what we've come to expect for EVs so any time the rules change people will be upset.

This bill could go into effect. Will it? Who knows given the current political situation.

If it were enacted, I feel confident it would NOT be for tax year 2022. The best we on here with recent i4 orders can hope is that the effective date will be 2024 tax year and not 2023.

Also I really hope they raise they raise the sedan price cap and align it with the SUV cap. Hard to see why that needs to be different.
Appreciate 0