View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 09:52 AM   #64
FultonMDUSA
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYLR, BMW iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
These are exactly my thoughts. Have considered a Tesla a few times in the last few years but the ADAS and sensors is a big con for me. I drove one for a few weeks on a trip 2 years ago in California and I found the AutoPilot to be too flakey for me, even on highways (it totally missed a curve and by the time it realized, we were too wide and having to correct to avoid being sent into the divider). Plus even with the newer cameras in HW4, it still doesn’t restore all of the features like Summon and parking assist to their full, previous state. I’m willing to admit that the ADAS could have improved over the last 2 years since I drove with it, but yeah, those sensors not being there are still an important thing IMO.
Autopilot, FSD v11, and FSD v12, are completely different software packages. All they have in common is that they take in and process the same images from the 9 cameras in my HW3 MY. You can switch between the AP and FSD software stacks at will.

Autopilot hasn't been significantly modified in a while. It's too twitchy for me most of the time. FSD v11 was better - but I came to the conclusion due to significant latency in responses that HW3 was simply underpowered for that code. With FSD v12, I take that back - it works great! FSD v11 was like my teen on her learners permit. FSD v12 is now worthy of a full non-provisional driver's license.
Appreciate 0