10-18-2015, 04:02 AM   #75
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
I lost around 25 lbs in a two month span and 43 lbs overall. I used intermittent fasting along with light cardio before work and Strong lift 5x5 at lunch. I'm a big proponent for Intermittent fasting as I've never seen results this fast before. I was averaging a 3 lbs a week loss without restricting my diet, I just hit a caloric goal of 2000 calories and 120 grams protein. I ate clean 90% of the time but did not cut out carbs and if I craved "fast food" I ate it.

Workout: I got up early and walked on a treadmill at 8% incline around 3 MPH for around 30 mins 3-5 times a week. On Mon, Wed, Fri at lunch I did Strong Lifts 5x5 which consist of Squats, Dead lifts, Bench, Row. Basically compound movements. On Tue and Thur at Lunch I would do HIIT Training for 30 mins. Generally just make an effort to be active.

Diet: Here's the best part you don't have to go on some crazy no carb or shake diet. Stop eating around 7 PM and don't eat till 12. Just water or plain tea or coffee till. I usually workout at 11 so I can eat at 12, but you can adjust your "fasting window" to suit your needs, just as long as you fast for a minimum 16 hrs straight. Eat clean 90% of the time meaning try to stay away from processed foods.

They only thing I tracked was Calories and Protein. You wanna make sure you're getting enough protein so you don't lose your "gains". I made most of my meals at home, but I did not hesitate to eat out with co workers if I wanted to at lunch. But usually I made an effort to get calories from each meal 50% protein, 30-40% carb/veggie, 10% fats. You need healthy fats and carbs, they are a good thing. Fats help regulate your hormones. If you cut either out you'll end up gaining the weight back as soon as you start eating them again.

That's about it. I still fast, it helps me maintain my weight. I went from 235 lbs to 195 lbs and walk around at 15% body fat. But I eat just about anything I want, just all in moderation. I slowed down on the light cardio in the mornings and I know if I get serious I can get below 10% BF, but I enjoy life to much to not eat a ribeye steak and mashed potatoes. I still left heavy and have not lost much or any "gains". It just takes dedication that's all. I will say this, if you plan on training fasted like I do, take it easy the first 2 weeks of training until your body adjusts to it. You don't have to train fasted, but it works for me.
Appreciate 0