View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 10:11 AM   #6
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

So much of what we see or hear is confusing.

The i4 was touted as the Tesla Model 3 competitor with pricing starting at $50K.

Leaks of two models being offered at the launch i430 i440 will not have the 530HP we keep seeing in all these articles. Every article I read, seems to be talking 530HP. Again, making no sense.

I can comprehend the i430 coming out at the $50K price point (less HP and less range), the i440 coming out in the mid $60K range with more HP and the 373 mile range, and a future model with the 530HP and prices north of $70K.

The concept (which is supposedly at least 85% of what will be in the production car) certainly doesn't jibe with the pictures/videos we see in camo. Body lines look off to me. Hood lines don't match the concept. Interior shots in this video look pretty mundane too. Not sure how BMW calculates the 15% difference...but no full glass roof should account for a good percentage of the 15%.....unless they count the roof as 1%, the hood as 1%, the interior as 1% and so on. To my eye, the camo versions we see look like a completely different car than the concept.

The concept IMO was stunning, but the rendered production version looks pretty clunky in comparison (IMO). The ICE 4 series looks much better to my eye than the rendered i4 and looks closer to the concept.

I will reserve judgement until the actual car is released. But from what has been reported and what I have seen, I'm not having high hopes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0