View Single Post
      01-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #1
mystopolis
Spectre
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 bmw i8 white

interesting rumor on frozen black i8

Ive been on the wait list at my local bmw dealer since july and this past week i was able to put my order in. A 2015 frozen black bmw i8 with giga interior. You heard right frozen black. But the very next day i get a call and division manager apparently said even though im paying extra for the special order color they are unable to give me specifically frozen black. When i went back in to do a change order my dealer told me this interesting rumor. Apparently, Steven Spielberg bought not just a frozen black i8 but the exclusive rights to own. Now basically bmw will not sell a frozen black i8 to anyone. Again this is just unconfirmed rumors but still what bs is this. I ended up staying with the white and gray exterior with giga black interior.

Also since i bought someone elses allocation mine is still coming up in a month or two. Im willing to see if i can give this allocation to someone interested. Since the car is being sold at msrp at my east coast dealer i think $20,000 is a reasonable price for my place in line to order a 2015 i8. Or i could be insane, either way i still have mine.
Appreciate 0