View Single Post
      03-16-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
arijaycomet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW Z4 M40i

Just a few months ago I was in a similar situation as you, but I also had a trade (SUV) that made a lease take-over not viable. That said, I wanted warranty, and a CPO made the most sense. I'm now making payments on a 2016 BMW i8 in Frozen Blue over Cream. It currently has 25,000 miles. Factory warranty till 9/2020 and then CPO till 9/2021 -- so similar to the car you're talking about. Similar price point, too!

My driving needs make leasing difficult, too--- I tend to do 12-15k per year. Ive already put a few thousand on the i8. I'd personally say a loan makes sense, plus I think a 2016 is a good price point right now--- I think they will still lose value in the next few years like any other car, but the BULK of their deprecation is likely complete/over. That is my take, anyhow.

FWIW, my business (manufacturing) is taking a dump right now (coronavirus) and I'm seriously contemplating exiting my BMW i8. My price would likely be ~$5k less than the $72k you talked about -- if you want more details PM me, we can talk. I'm up in Ohio-- not horribly far away.
Appreciate 0