View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 01:13 PM   #34
DocL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Here's the problem, car guys like us will never be satisfied. Getting bored just enables us to enjoy the hunt for a new car. It's not that we are bored, we just love to hunt. It why tribal leaders have multiple women. I too get the itch to get a new car every 14-16 months. It's one reason why I now assume leases that have 16mo left. It gives me enough time to enjoy the car, and if I really like it, like I do with my F80, I but it at the end of the lease. I do have a third car in the family that we use to transport and carpool the kids. When I start to feel the itch, I'll just use the SUV for two weeks, I won't even look at the F80, and then when I drive it again it's like a new car to me. I've also rented convertible Mustangs and Corvettes for a weekend just to have some fun.

I also stopped modding my cars about five years ago, except for things like wheels and aero parts. But unfortunately I decided to become a boat owner again after 20yrs of not having one, so that's where my money has gone the past three months.