Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I know the beer thing is bad. But I love it. It mentally prepares me for whatever nonsense my SO feels like tossing at me when I get home.

I have no idea what my BMR is, either. Not currently on any protein powder. Just my regular diet with no supplements (which is why I would like suggestions). I haven't been on a protein supplement in over 2 years.
Eh, in your case the beer isn't that big of a deal... For you, more calories in the form of protein is best for lean muscle gain, but at the end of the day, more calories is more calories. Obviously drinking now is not making you fat, so it doesn't matter that much. One or two from time to time is not stunting your growth. Too much would obviously hinder your workout performance.

You need to add more fats and proteins IMO. Healthy fats, little bit of saturated, no trans fats. Add more meat (larger servings maybe) or supplement with protein powders. Mass gainers are probably your friend. I use regular whey since I bloat and get fat if I use a mass gainer (it's different for everyone).

Post workout meal is the most important of the day usually.