View Single Post
      11-13-2019, 09:23 PM   #23
Leto1701
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Pre-"loved" cars and their issues. Sorry for your nightmare experience. A few indicators like a quote for a bumper could have raised suspicion if the car is accident free or at least how it was treated. The i8 is a little different from other cars as you can increase wear significantly by draining the battery and then letting the car sit without charging, taking it cold into sports mode and rev'ing it out, etc. If it was treated well no issues but... that's a big "if" especially for a performance PHEV where basically new owners have no idea how to treat it if they didn't spend a lot of time before researching, etc.

B.t.w., the new i8 with the larger battery, suspension changes, new iDrive system, etc. is a significantly better car than the first i8. So the test with the old one does not tell the story anyway. I wouldn't have bought an old one at the time because of the small battery/pure EV range. I hope your experience doesn't spoil that option. And; get rid of that current i8 as soon as you can.
Appreciate 0