10-20-2021, 07:55 PM   #35
SFBavarianArea
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E82 128i 6Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Good article, makes sense that BMW would use the 3er as its first "revolutionary" EV as the 3er is the brand's bread and butter and has always emphasized what the brand stands for, similar to MB and their S-Class. What will be very interesting is to see how this Neu Klasse Platform turns out like. From previous articles they mentioned that the platform would still be underpinning ICE vehicles to allow it to share production lines and I am curious to see if this will affect the ICE cars in a negative way as the platform may require certain design requirements and restraints to be made, as all RWD based BMW's require a long dash-to-axle ration in order to shoehorn the I6 under the hood, and it seems a focus of the Neu Klasse platform is to increase passenger space and wheelbase while shortening overhangs.

It was also mentioned previously that the platform would also replace cars on the UKL (FWD) platform, such as the X1 and 2GC, which could make for some interesting changes to BMW's lower-tier vehicles. Will this mean those cars will be made RWD-based again?
I think the long dash to axle ratio is also implemented because it presents as premium. Not like the i6 is behind the front axle line anyways (which irks the hell outta me). Seems like it scoots up with each gen.

But I like your thoughts on the smaller tier cars returning to RWD and hope that comes true! 🤗
Appreciate 0