Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie335 View Post
Love watching new BMWs roll across the assembly line

Yes I know I'm a nerd !

I wonder if the chip shortage is impacting production of the i4 or maybe BMW is prioritizing it since its a new launch.
Order now and it's a 12 month delivery time.
BMW couldn't have picked a better time to launch this new EV. Customers will just lose interest, and go to Tesla for a EV then. Tesla is claiming no chip shortage production issues— but I'll take that with a grain of salt.
It's now a 12 month wait because slots are filled.
If you pre-ordered early (ahem) then the wait is about 6 months whether or not you have actually ordered.

I did an early pre-order because the $1500 was refundable. I figured it would get me a place in line.

As far as buying a TM3P? Some people just won't. I'm one of them. No leather, no dash cluster in front of me, no interior except white and black. Big pass for me.

Also Tesla might not have a shortage. They are known for using "consumer" grade components when they should be using commercial/industrial for automotive. Their early displays (don't know about now) were consumer grade panels not tested for temp extremes.

GM, Ford and BMW have better quality metrics than Tesla.