techwhiz1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335, E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz1 View Post
I did see the article on tri-motor M5 possibility. While interesting; I don't need to go faster. I need longer distance.
Yes, EV range is top priority of EV customers.

ICE customers have similar priorities too, e.g. many G20 folks are elated by 0-60, but no one ignores great mpg(my 330i gets 46.4mpg!) and great range.
There is a.point where more HP/torque becomes a pissing match.

I really think we are at that point. My E90 had about 400 HP and about the same torque.

I could not, at least on public roads, could not use anywhere near the limits of performance.

I figure the i4 M50 hits the diminishing return threshold. For me any additional performance is a waste.

I above always purchased cars for a.mix of performance and comfort. Gas mileage wasn't an issue since none have been "gas guzzlers".

I don't know if the M50 would fit that definition,; it might due to weight and range. I'm still buying it. I haven't seen anything else that doesn't cost the whole six figures that I like.