11-20-2021, 10:38 PM   #66
ggalanis
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX 50, 1989 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
My big issue is that iDrive 7 is perfect. I think iDrive8 is a mess from what I've seen. We have a 2016 F15, if I can score an absurd trade in for it along with the ev tax credit, then it may be worth a conversation to see if the upgrade route is worth it. Otherwise, this is the only model with close to the same feature available in our X5, not including heated and cooled cup holders, dual pane glass and the luggage compartment package and coats more without any available likely discount given the present situation.
Honestly I wouldn't worry about iDrive8 too much. Once you get used to it you may end up liking it more than 7 anyway. As long as the stuff I need to commonly do while driving is easy and not too distracting, I'm ok with it.

Yeah I too have the heated and cooled cupholders, they can be ok on a really long trip but most of the time, on a short drive they don't really do much. I'll add their omission to the list of cons, along with the light elements in the panoramic roof that I thought of as well. As for dual pane glass, I think they have insulated the iX very well from all the videos I have watched so far. They could have also added dual pane glass on top of it, maybe that would have made it even quieter. It is odd that they didn't include it or offer it as an option. I know that when I ordered my X5, even though it was offered as a low cost option in the US and likely elsewhere, it was not possible to order it on a Canadian car. I complained through my dealer to BMW Canada but their response to him was that it didn't make a big enough difference in sound levels so they opted to not have it available. I didn't care enough to push hard for it.
Appreciate 0