07-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #94
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
I agree, that is the negative thing about American population (in General) that I have learned ove the last 16 years living here -- you can sell them anything if well marketed. And then, even if proven wrong, as long as it currently does not affect me badly, I will ignore it and come with the comments like :If you don't like it, move to Canada..."

Remember, how well the Government marketed the Iraq war -- every day bad things about SH, Chemical Ali, and so on. Every day showing the brutality of the regime, then slide in the 9/11 stuff. Of course that some will connect those and start believeing in what they see.

The USA has the best MArketing and media tools in the world, no question about that.

BTW, what can we do about Bush? By the time you prove that he lied (knowlingly), that he ordered bad things, that he profitted of middle class suffering, and so on, 10+ years will pass. In a mean time, he will put the blame on someone else -- Tenet, Libby, previous admin, Current Congress...

True. They really do know how to put fear in people and use that to their advantage. It saddens me sometimes to hear about all the corruptions (using the word loosely here) that have been happening. Im sure all of us heard about the firing of the attorneys and the general admitted that he knew nothing about it. Then a week later an email surfaced which proved that he knew about it.

Then some dude in the government was about to go to jail for committing perjury (as best as I can recall) and Bush pardoned him. Im losing faith in the government more and more each day. We always take forever to do simple things and take even longer to do good things. So much for a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people".
Appreciate 0