Thread: Cigars
View Single Post
      08-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #23
fobunited
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2011 550i

Most cigar reps that I have talked to send their B-Stock cigars to online stores. I have never ordered cigars online and can't really attest to that, but if you can find a local cigar shop that carries what you like, I'd recommend that. I don't mind paying a little bit more to have the in-store experience and know whether the cigars were taken care of or not.

I think everyone who starts smoking cigars or does smoke cigars has a fascination with Cuban cigars. I have tried Cubans and are not really impressed with them. Since the US Embargo on Cuban goods, the quality of the cigars has dropped dramatically, and most if not all of the good rollers in Cuba's cigar heyday moved. Now, you find Cuban seed in other countries, with the original rollers in those countries. Who do you think is going to produce the better cigar? Yes, Cuba has great climate for cigar rolling, but the rollers there lack the experience and are benefiting from the mystique and name of the Cuban cigar.

If you want to try something that tastes like a Cuban, try the Graycliff Red. It was designed by Avelino Lara, Fidel Castro's PERSONAL cigar roller. If you're lucky enough, some of the bands of those cigars have his initials finely written on them, which means he personally rolled them.
Appreciate 0