12-23-2016, 07:26 AM   #34
NGR
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSpa View Post
It's very close. The only thing it's missing is the punch you get from a real v8 engine on high rpm. But idle and middle range is just insane.

Because of the 3 cyl engine any aftermarket "real" exhaust will sound like crap (there are plenty of examples), so tweaking the "speaker" is the only thing you can do and it actually sounds very good.
Not to mention costs (any exhaust for the i8 comes to 2500-3000 easy plus labor), reversability, posibility to link it to the car modes (maybe you don't want the insane noise all the time), warranty and easy installation.

if you want a true real vicious v8 or v10 sound , you know what to do , go buy one

we will try to install a second "speaker" in spring, just like the Maserati Ghibli setup, maybe that will take care of the high rev range, but it will not be an easy task....
Love to hear how far you can push it but personally I don't need anything too aggressive - I don't think it would suit the car and the inline 6 sound at high rpm is lovely, coupled with a bit more presence at lower speeds and I'm a happy bunny

What I'd really like to see is the M5 V10 dropped into an i8, just for shits and giggles - that lightweight chassis with a monster in it would be.....interesting. Very much doubt there'd be any way to mount it even using the back seats and boot/trunk area.